My everyday beauty essentials

October 22, 2014

I am in a hurry. Like all the time. I go out through the door at 7:15 in the morning and come back after 10 PM. Since I am gone from my home for so many hours in a day, I like choosing products that won't fail me in terms of staying power and effect on my skin. In the last few months I got to try some products that I really enjoy using. Some are cheap, some are expensive, but they make the perfect mix for a fresh and long lasting makeup.
I will start with something basic and so so so important for my makeup routine. I am addicted to blushes and I can't leave my home without using blush on my cheeks. That is because I am very pale and because I don't use foundation all over my face anymore. My favourite blush of all time is Sleek Rose Gold and if you know this product, you'll understand why. Second on my list but still very important is concealer. I needed something that had a nice coverage and that stays there until I take off my makeup. That is Estee Lauder Double Wear Concealer, definitely, which I use to mix with a little of my L'Oreal True Match Foundation to get to my perfect shade. Since I have dark circles under my eyes, I like to add a little bit of Catrice Camouflage Cream concealer that covers really everything. For my eyebrows, I have discovered that this Maybelline Color Tattoo eyeshadow in 'Permanent Taupe' works excellent and with this I have learned that with makeup it's all about experiencing, hahaha!
From the same brand as my concealer (Estee Lauder) I use the Double Wear Mascara that is excellent for when I get home and I want to take of my makeup. Seriously, it goes off so easily and, in contrast, during the day it doesn't smudge and doesn't move from my lashes which I think is great. I also began using eyeshadow again, I keep having these periods when I use one and when I don't. Well now I do and my favourite right now is Estee Lauder Pure Color Eyeshadow palette which has nice, wearable shades, blends easily and stays there until I take my makeup off with my coconut oil. Underneath my eyeshadow I use my Too Faced Shadow Insurance Primer, which I love! For the eyelining part, I love this Liquid Ink Waterproof Eyeliner from Essence, which is great in terms of application, colour and staying power.
Because I'm more of a 'dewy chick' I like using a highliter on my skin and my new favourite is The Balm Mary-Lou Manizer Highliting Powder (review to come). In order to keep my face matte on my T-zone, I use my e.l.f. High Definition Face Powder that has a positive review here (I forgot to include it in the pictures). This is actually the first powder that I use on my naked face and doesn't break me out.

That's it about my makeup routine! I will come back with a few reviews, maybe they will be helpful.
What are your beauty essentials?

Find me on
Facebook || Twitter || Pinterest  || Tumblr || Instagram || Bloglovin

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Copyright © Carmen Bota. Powered by Blogger.